Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ghirardelli Box favors


Hello, Stampies! I'm just so excited to show you this easy box I made in a jiffy! I cased this from "Mocha Memories" and I did a little bit of enhancement to the box!

Step 1: They call this box the 2-4-6-8 box where I used a 8-1/2" x 3-11/16" cardstock. Scored it crosswise at 2", 4", 6" and 8" then lengthwise at 1" and 2".


Step 2: I know you'll be asking, further, how to make these boxes. As I have given the initial cutting and scoring measurements, cut the part of the cardstock to come up with the illustration below:


Step 3: Assemble the box and you'll be needing 3 Ghirardelli Squares to hold the box together while you build the rest. Also, you'll be needing(two)2-1/2" CS squares (punch with ticket corners) for the top and bottom box cover.


Step 4: The DSP and Belly Band - You'll be needing a 2-1/4" DSP square (cut also with ticket corners) and adhere on top of the box. Then, cut a long CS piece (preferably 8-1/2" x 3/4"). There are NO scoring measurement since this is a custom box where NO boxes are alike.


Step 5: The little handle - made with a Round Tab Punch and a Horizontal Slot. Just fold the round tab tip outward and glue onto the box! Ain't that easy!



Supplies Needed (Pink Box):
Cardstock: p.155-157
- Melon Mambo #115320
- Blush blossom #103318
- Pretty in Pink #100459
Stamp Set:
- Whimsical Words #119119- Clear or #118386-Wood p.8 (SAB)
Ink:
- Basic Gray #109120 p.155 (IBC)
DSP:
- Sending Love Specialty #117153 p.13 (OMC)
Punch: p.186
- Full Heart #113693
- Horizontal Slot #105089
- Ticket Corner #107214
- Round Tab #108340
BigShot:
- Textured Impression Folder - Perfect Polka Dots #117335 p.35 (OMC)
- SU! Embosslits Die - Scalloped Heart of Hearts - #117332 p.15 (OMC)
Other Supplies:
- SU! Dimensionals - #104430 p.192 (IBC)
- Clear Block B- #117147 p.6 (OMC)

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

8 comments:

Patty Bennett said...

Just toooooooooo cute and I LOVE the handle idea with the tag punch!! You are so clever! thanks for sharing!
Patty

Hearts That Love said...

Looks good! Thanks for sharing your Ghirardelli box yesterday... I love it... hehe, now I'm making some more with the Good Morning Sunshine DSP and the Tea Party DSP!

ThreadCatcher said...

Very cute. I love the little handle. Great detail. Thanks for sharing.

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Such a cute idea! The handle makes your box. Thanks for sharing.

Alex said...

I totally second what Patty said - this is too too cute!! I am going to CASE this idea for club - thanks so much for sharing, you ROCK!!! And, of course I will give you credit, have you in my reader :-)

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Mary Director said...

This is really great. Thank you for sharing.

Barb S. (FL) said...

What an AWESOME box.. I love the handle too.
TFS,
Barb S (FL)

MytfineStamper said...

OMGosh! This is too stink'n cute!!! Great job!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin