Saturday, September 4, 2010

Nurse Betty Owl - Get Well Card


Hi! Today I made this card for Rachel Chattin. Joy, her daughter, expressed how difficult it is to see her mom so sick and I truely feel the same way too. Rachel, I wish you the best and pray for your full recovery :) I hope "Nurse Betty Owl" will help cheer you up in someway or another. God Bless you always.

To make Nurse Betty's Hat:
- Punch a Whisper White piece with the 2 step Owl punch (the vest only).
- Then invert and adhere the piece behind the owl's head.
- Use the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (4 petal flower) and snip the ends to make a red cross.



How I made the Scallop Rectangle Background:
- I used the Square Scallop die to cut a Marina Mist CS
- Counted 6 scallops from one corner and cut it, leaving the left over piece to overlap the bigger piece. This will make a rectangle for you when you align the scallops again.
- To hide the cut edge, I placed a CS band which represented a branch of a tree for the owl to perch on it. Isn't cute?

Owl Card Details:
Cardstockts:
- Chocolate Chip Brown
- Whisper White
- Very Vanilla
- Marina Mist
- Daffodil Delight
- Certainly Celery

Stamp Set and Ink:
- Thoughts and Prayers #113252
- Early Espresso Ink Pad

Punch:
- 2 Step Owl Punch #118074
- 2 Step Bird Punch #117191(for the leaves and branch)
- Scallop Oval Punch #119856
- Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack #118309 (use 4 petal flower and snip the ends to make a red cross for Nurse Betty's hat)
- 1/2" Circle Punch #119869 (for the owl's eyelids cut in half)

Bigshot:
- Bigshot Square Oval Die
- Textured Impression Folder - Perfect Polka Dots

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

This is just wonderful!! What a cute little "nurse"! Love it.
Lynn

Unknown said...

This is just as cute as can be. I'm off to make one. Thank you for sharing.

DebbieG said...

This is the cutest Owl punch card ever !!!! I love it. Thank you for sharing.
Debbie G

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Just wonderful... I tried to find the 2 step owl punch in catalog with no success...I will try again..our demonstrator stopped....so dang cute cute cute...LOVE what you did

Pat Gasko said...

WOW!! You're Owl is the "HOOT"! It's eyes say I'm so sad "cuz you're ill". I love all your Halloween Owls too. Great job!

Linda said...

Your Fairytale Frogs are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute and clever!

jean said...

What a cute nurse
Your blogheader is adorabale
Owl punch is my favorite

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I also made a nurse owl, but mine is not nearly as nice as yours. I love how you made such expressive eyes. For the cross I used the double rectangle punch. I have also looked at some of your other punch cards and you are really talented. Thank you for sharing your creativity.

Rizwan said...

Cool and very clever work has been done keep it more aggressive thanks

plastic card printing

Unknown said...

Stunning design can i use it for plastic cards printing, as it posses unique design and pleasing shades...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin