Monday, December 6, 2010

Xmas Containers - Candy Cane Christmas DSP


Last month, I found a container that I bought long ago. It must have just crept under the bed and had gone to my forgotten list..hihi. Anyway, I already decorated some containers a couple of years ago with DSP. This time I tried them with the Candy Cane Christmas DSP for yummy cookies my mom's going to make. In this picture, I put my small retired stamps to raffle away in my workshops when I pick a name from the Door Prize entree that were submitted. Cool idea for your workshop.

These containers are smaller than the usual containers you find in Costco filled with bulk goods (like Chocolate covered raisins, peanuts, etc.)

So many years ago, we crafted cookie jars or Cookie ingredient jars with those Xmas printed cloth on the lid. Do you remember those? This time I cut a piece of the Designer Fabric - Candy Cane Christmas (#121715) to match the DSP paper. Isn't that cool? I just cut a round piece which measured 1/2" bigger than the lid. Then, I placed batting material (polyester) to put padding (like a soft pillow) on the cover then sealed the fabric with glue gun!!

So that you don't see the ugly part of the glued fabric, I adhered a Tasteful Trim border from the Bigz XL Die #120893. Then I decorated with DSP #120809!!! Don't forget the 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon #109034.

SOOO EASY!!! Oh, I also put little Basic Pearl Embellishment #119247 in front and back of the container. Here is the back side. I used the Homemade Stamp #116978 with Real Red Ink Pad. Then punched it out with the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch #118874



If you want to see my past containers, click HERE.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:
- Chocolate Chip Brown
- Whisper White
Stamp Set:
- Homemade #116978
Ink Pad
- Real Red
DSP:
- Candy Cane Christmas #120809
Punch:
- 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch #118874
BigShot Die:
- Bigz XL Die- Tasteful Trim #120893
Other Supplies:
- Basic Pearl #119247
- 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon #109034
- Designer Fabric - Candy Cane Christmas #121715
- Container from "Smart and Final" store


Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

1 comment:

Carol said...

This jar is absolutely adorable, Kay - can't think of any reason to suggest changes - love this update from the old way we used to do them. TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin