Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mojo Monday 176 - Birthday Bakery





It's Mojo time again. I can't believe how time flew from my last Mojo card last month! I've been trying so hard to think of a cute card to go with my "Birthday Bakery" stamp set. Today was a great day to do it with Mojo Monday (not exactly Monday today but I'm not complaining).

Okidokes... I used SU!s In Color, Blushing Bride CS #119796. This color has been sitting on my shelf for a long time and I never realized how yummy this color would be with cake and dessert stamps. mmmm.. Ok, focus now! I combined it with my retired CS Creamy Caramel... (I hoarded). It's just the BEST color ever from a list of my bestevers...lol. Hmmm...I think I really have to make my BESTEVER LIST. Whadya think? Anyway, you can substitute it with Crumb Cake CS #120953.

You may be wondering how I made my eyelet borders curve that way. Just cut little snips on the border (on the opposite side of the border) then bend and fold it with the curves. It looks like lace to me now :)

Here's the recipe for my Birthday Bakery Mojo Card:

Card Measurement:
5" x 5"

Stamp Set:
- Birthday Bakery #117034 Wood; #120115 Clear (hostess set level 1)
Cardstock:
- Blushing Bride
- Whisper White
- Creamy Caramel (retired)
- Early Espresso
Ink Pad and Markers
- Early Espresso ink pad #119670
- Whisper white Craft ink pad #101731 (for sponging the embossed Framed Tulips) use with Stampin' Sponges #101610
- Real Red Marker #100052
- Chocolate Chip Brown Marker #100071
- Tempting Turquoise Marker #100058
- Cajun Craze Marker #119678
Punch:
- 3/4" x 15/16" oval #120908 (love this punch)
- Eyelet Border #119853
- Scallop Oval #119856
- Modern Label XL #119849
BigShot:
- Textured Impression Folder - Framed Tulips #121809

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

3 comments:

Marian said...

Great idea! Super cute card!

Teri said...

I love your yummy card Kay! I love the new embossing folder and the pearls really finish this card!

Carol said...

What a fabulous card - and you nailed the Mojo design....actually you bettered it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin