Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ice Cream Petal Cone Cards



Hi! It's me again! Sorry for the absence lately. I've been under the weather, fighting a cold. Been trying to get back my voice but with my line of work, a days rest may cost me. But hey, I have to think about my health too, right. So I started feeling better and getting my groove going..hihi.

Here are cute petal cone cards I've been wanting to make. I've seen so many use of the BigShot Petal Cone die #121810 (2011 OMC). I've seen hearts, carrots for Easter and alot of ice cream cones. And my best bet are these Ice Cream cone cards. Perfect for a birthday or a thank you note!

Inside these cone cards, I've ran through another piece with Very Vanilla CS so it may be inserted inside the card. Then punched out a 1" Circle Glimmer Red Paper #121790 (love this accent paper) as the cherry on top. Take note that I had to put a pearl embellishment inside the card so it may not easily slide off the card when tilted. You can position it at a couple of inches above the bottom tip of the cone.



MAKING A BIG ROSSETTE:
Use the XL 2-1/2" Circle punch to punch out a piece of BigShot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets #120805 (the best adhesive paper out there, you may use it in any project that needs double sided glue).

Then cut 1 yard of your Chocolate Chip Brown Satin Ribbon. Twist your ribbon from the center onto the Multipurpose Adhesive which was peeled off on one side first. Continue to twist and roll until it looks like a Cinnabon Bun..hehe. (a Cinnamon Bun)
You may have to trim some of the adhesive paper at the end. Press your bun firmly onto the adhesive paper. Then you're ready to peel off the paper backing of your bun and stick onto your cone! Yummmm!

TIP: I used dimensionals to tuck in the ribbon end.

MAKING THE CRIMPED RIBBON:

My mom calls it as the SMOCKING technique. In her early years, she would sew our clothes rather than buying them. She loved to sew dresses, home decors and embroider them. She knew what it was called when she saw my card..hihi. But I did mine the easy way, GLUE GUN is my magic sewing machine. Cut 8" of Chocolate Chip Brown Satin ribbon then apply glue 2 inches at a time and "SMOCK" the ribbon up to the other side of the card. It looked like Chocolate shavings on a cake..mmmmm.



You can also see that I used the long tag from the Petal Cone die and folded it to wrap around the cone. Ain't it gorgeous! I luv it!

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

10 comments:

Welcome to a whole new world in home decor! You will love it. Live a life inspired! said...

Both of your cards are sooooooo cute! And your blog header, OMG! But of course, your work is always, "over the top" cute.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

How cute is that!
Love the idea of using the die for a card. Who'd a thunk?
Adorable.

Carol said...

Kay...what fabulous cards these are...so different but the same basic style...love them and the insert that you made...how clever, especially using the tiny pearl towards the bottom...so smart!

Patty Bennett said...

YOU are one amazing stamper... how blessed am I to have you in my Luv 2 Stamp Group... oh wow!! :)
Patty

-Susan- said...

OMGosh, you have done it again!! This latest project is darling! Thanks so much for sharing!

Gail S. said...

So cute!!! How do you come up with all these ideas???? You are amazing :)

Teri said...

Another fantastic idea Kay! So yummy, I love your ice cream cones! Please take care of yourself, and you are right, health is really important!! hugs! P.S. Thanks for answering my email, I'll be sending out something soon!

Margaret de Witt said...

Wow!!!! I love these Kay, they are gorgeous and practically edible :)

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Loved your creation so much I had to feature it on my Sunday Favorites blog post. Thanks for the fabulous inspiration!!

Rose Curtis said...

awwww love your cones!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin